Posted by dealrocker at 7.4.09 04:42:49. "Chipotle Smashed Potatoes "
* 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
* 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1 tablespoon salt
* 2 tablespoons softened butter
* 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
* 1/4 cup shredded white Cheddar cheese
* 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
* 1/4 cup heavy cream
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. Place the potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and allow to steam dry for a minute or two.
2. Return the potatoes to the pot, and mash with the black pepper, salt, butter, chipotle peppers, and garlic until smooth. Fold in the Cheddar cheeses, mayonnaise, heavy cream, and cilantro until the cheeses have melted.
There are no replies to this message.
to learn about message formatting.
The following commands can be used to format your message:
[b]bold text[/b] - bold text
[u]underlined text[/u] - underlined text
[s]strikethrough[/s] - strikethrough
[i]italics[/i] - italics
[red]colored text (red blue etc)[/] - colored text
[url=http://www.google.com]click here for google[/] - click here for google